You guys know I love me some Gorton’s Seafood, right?
Easy, fast, and delicious fishy goodness. Perfect when you’re forced to cook seafood for one…or when you go to your parents house to cook a meal for everyone except your boyfriend because he hates seafood…
Well, I recently discovered that these delightful little Simply Bakes are PERFECT for lunches at work (if you have access to a toaster oven or full-size oven – which we have both). I decided I’d pack everything I need for a tasty little tilapia sammy. I wanted it to be simple and flavorful. I had a French baguette waiting to be used, so I sliced a sandwich size chunk and bagged that for work. Then I grabbed a toaster oven sized panto put the Simply bakes bag in. I knew I had tiny packets of Tabasco sauce at my desk, and figured cheese was a necessity in this venture. When I left for work that morning, I grabbed the baguette, the fish from the freezer and Trader Joe’s truffle goat cheese from the fridge, threw them in the bag with the pan and jetted to the train.
Spicy Baked Tilapia and Truffle Goat Cheese Sub at Work
- 1 Gorton’s Seafood Simply Bakes Tilapia fillet (if you only have access to a microwave, you can use the Gorton’s Grilled Tilapia, but it won’t be as saucy)
- 6-inch French baguette
- 1-2 oz truffle goat cheese
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Preheat toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Put the fish in the toaster oven for 20-25 minutes
- Remove fish and let stand in bag
- Toast the baguette
- Spread goat cheese on one side of the toasted bread
- Flake the fish over the cheese
- Drizzle sauce from the bag into the sandwich
- Top it all off with a healthy spray of Tabasco
This healthy(ish) and delicious recipe is a result of working with my friends at Gorton’s. This month, they’ve partnered with SparkPeople to focus on realistic resolutions. Now, you’ve all seen my belief about New Year’s resolutions, and I wasn’t kidding. I’m not doing anything to lose weight this month. And that is my realistic resolution.
Blog Friends, what’s your favorite seafood dish?
This post is brought to you by my friends at Gorton’s and SparkPeople. I was not paid to write nice things, but I did receive free products in order to give you my honest opinion.