- Be kind. Even to abhorrent individuals who will try to bring you down.
- Be able to rise above anyone who tries to tell you that you can’t play on the playground.
- Have hope. Because hope makes the world a brighter, more beautiful place.
- Know that your face is beautiful because it is uniquely yours. And sometimes you might wear makeup because it’s fun to play with. And sometimes you might not because you don’t feel like you need it or because you’re tired. Or sick. Or you want to see the lines that travel across your face like a map to every emotion you’ve ever had.
- Be a feminist. If you want. It’s not required. We’re not pushy around here.
- Be angry when you’re angry. You’re allowed to have emotions.
- Say what you feel. No one knows what’s happening inside your head or heart until you tell them.
- Be you. Always. Unapologetically.
- Wear what makes you happy. Allow yourself to be comfortable without worrying what other people think.
- Love yourself.
- Listen to yourself.
Now, just for funsies, in the comments, tell me at least one (but if you can tell me three, tell me three!) thing you love about yourself right now.
I agree with every single one of them. The problem is putting them into effect! Although I ALWAYS wear what makes me happy! Nailed at least one of them!
It always seems hardest to love ourselves! I know I need daily reminders to be kinder to myself.
Always wonderful advice!
YES! We need more of this! What I’m Loving Right Now: 1. I’m determined 2. I like the wrinkles on my forehead 3. I’ve stopped caring about what people think Oh, and I’m following you:)
I love all of it! And I LOVE that you love the wrinkles on your forehead.