Last week, Brian and I bought several boxes of candy from our Girl Scout connection. I got to thinking about Girl Scouts and my own experiences…
I was a girl scout. And a boy scout (but that’s a tale for another time). And pretty much…I was awesome, apparently. I remember being in first grade, and joining up with Brownie Troop 182. I also remember when my mom became a troop leader, and got us into all sorts of crafts and fun things. So in honor of the new Girl Scout flavored creamers from Coffee Mate and their adorable new representative, Abby from River Falls, Wisconsin (the best cheese state on the planet,) I’m going to go ahead and tell you all of the great things I learned from being a Girl Scout.
- Francis Scott Key wrote the Star Spangled Banner. I’m not even joking you guys, I never would have remembered this if it weren’t for some flag ceremony we did in 1st grade in which I remember my one line of, “It was written by Francis Scott Key.”
- How to make a pizza. My mom knew the manager of Domino’s Pizza, so we got to go over there and make our own pizzas! It was super fun.
- Life long friendships? Totally possible. I know this because I’m still friends with my very best friend from grade school/the old neighborhood/ballet/Brownies/cheerleading. Even when you add new people to your world, you can always have the friends you started with.
- How to identify animal tracks in the snow. We went out into some wildlife preserves and followed tracks. Mom’s kinda nature-lady…
- How to sell like a boss. I’m not in sales, but let me tell you. If I was…LOOK OUT, world. I could sell sand in a dessert. Or Girl Scout flavored Coffee-Mate Creamer on a blog…not that I’m trying or anything. *wink wink* Seriously, though…unlike a lot of kids today, my parents didn’t sell the cookies for me. Even though they owned a bar, I had to march in there by myself and walk up to every. Single. Person. And ask them if they wanted to buy some girl scout cookies. I was persistent. And always sold a ton.
So about those creamers…
Omigod. SO good. We’ve got some SERIOUS coffee fiends in my office (Thank God for free coffee.) On my team, we drink a lot of coffee. And we were definitely tired of powdered creamer…so when these delightful add-ins arrived..thrilled doesn’t begin to cover it. We have Caramel Delight (caramel coconut) and Thin Mint in the office right now, and my entire team is consuming it super-fast (because I’m nice, and when I receive delicious free products in the mail delivered to my office from Coffee-Mate…I share them.) They’re definitely a hit with everyone! My one co-worker wants to pour the creamer over ice cream. I’m not going to lie…That’s in my plan of things to try in the near future.
When I was a kid, I would use my allowance to buy my own boxes of Caramel Delights. And then hide them so my boy babysitter didn’t eat them all in one sitting (like he did that one time…) This creamer brings me RIGHT BACK to that joy. That delicious cookie joy.
By the way, did you catch the commercial for Thin Mint Coffee-Mate? Because it’s HILARIOUS. Ambitious Girl Scout, Abby, rocked with her snarky ‘tude directed at corporate office guy. You can see the video on the Coffee-Mate website. Trust me. TOTALLY worth it. I like to think I was that sassy when I was 10.
For the record? Just because Coffee-Mate hooked me up with some tasties, doesn’t mean that these opinions weren’t all me.