I know. That title is terrible. But this ice cream cake? SO. NOT. TERRIBLE.
So last week, Brian sent me an animated gif with ice cream sandwiches becoming a cake. With Brian’s birthday this past Saturday, and the fact that he NEVER requests things like that…I knew I had to make this cake. Of course, there was no how to on the gif, so I made it up as I went.
Yesterday, we celebrated my brother-in-law’s birthday, Brian’s birthday and sort of my brother’s birthday (he’s 30 this year, so we’ve got another party for him next week). I got all the ingredients to make this sweet little cake and dropped them off at Mom’s.
After dinner, I pulled out the ingredients and quickly whipped this cake into shape. It was seriously the easiest thing ever. And the 15 minutes? Totally included picture taking.
15-Minute Ice Cream Cake (serves 6-8)
- 9 ice cream sandwiches
- chocolate syrup
- caramel syrup
- Cool Whip
- Lay 3 ice cream sandwiches next to each other
- Drizzle chocolate and caramel over the sandwiches (this keeps the layers all stuck together-I also considered using real frosting or fruit)
- Lay 3 ice cream sandwiches in the opposite direction
- Repeat steps 2 & 3
- Cover the entire cake with Cool Whip
- Decorate as much or as little as you like
- Slice lengthwise for ice cream cake joy
Also, don’t you dare judge my super awesome chocolate caramel heart on the top of the Cool Whip. I forgot to bring maraschino cherries.
You guys, this was seriously delicious. Everyone enjoyed it. It got a little messy near the end–definitely more difficult to cut than I thought it would be. Just make sure you slice all the way through the cookie layers, and you’ll be good to go.