As I’m still wrecked from this weekend, this will likely be the shortest of my BlogHer posts. A recap, even. But there will be more. So if you don’t want to hear about BlogHer, I suggest you return in August. When I start talking about GenCon. I know. Lucky you.
- Queen Latifah emceed the Voices of the Year.
- I got to spend some quality time with some of my favorite bloggers (and my best friend!)
- I have a RIDICULOUS number of blog posts pre-written in my head. Including my very own interview with the glorious Dr. Travis Stork. Go ahead. If you don’t know who he is…Google him. But Google Image that shit, because DAYYYYUUUMMMM.
- The Pioneer Woman, Pillsbury Doughboy, Optimus Prime and Me.
- I got to meet Thoughts From Paris DJ. Who I can’t not call Paris. Because that’s his name in my head. And he (kinda) knew who I was. Which pleased me.
- I got a LOT of free shit. I know it’s bad form to say I was all over the swag, but just like a pack of wild dogs on a 3-legged cat…I was AAAAALLLL up in the free shit business.
- The best party? Queerosphere. They had cheese cheese and more cheese. And lamb chops. Best food I ate all weekend.
- Somehow I made my way into the Disney movie party. And saw Delivery Man. A few months early.
- Queen Latifah was late.
- I was almost always hungry.
- I was tired.
- I didn’t feel like I really related to a lot of the speakers that I saw. And then I couldn’t see them all because I had other places to be and things to do. It was a bit on the overwhelming side.
- I was really hungry.
- Queen Latifah was SO late that I was starving AND missed Austenland (though I DID still get the free bag and t-shirt)
- OK, mostly I was always starving because of this gluten free nonsense. (Hey BlogHer, I’ve got some suggestions for next year! Actually, I’ve got a whole blog post about food coming up.)
- Mostly I was Starving. With a capital S.
- Did I mention how much I missed food? And eating on a regular schedule that included dinner?
- The Best Buy Story. Tomorrow. You’ll see.